Thursday, December 14, 2006

Gifts of Love



The most beautiful gift anyone can give is the gift of love. God got the ball rolling by blessing us with life. He kept it going by speaking to us, earnestly desiring and consistently pursuing a relationship with us. He spanned the distance between Heaven and Earth by living among us, as one of us, no less. He drew us to him even closer by dying for us. He continues to keep us close by living inside us, walking beside us, and guiding our steps. I find that incredibly amazing.

Amazing as well is the love that others show to us, and recently I've been blessed in ways I can't even begin to explain. I have been honored in ways I don't deserve by a number of friends, and to those folks I'll be eternally grateful. If you're reading this, you've likely been one of those friends. If so, I thank you. I'm look forward to Hannah being blessed by you, as well, some day soon, very soon.

No comments: