Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pictures From Our Trip Thus Far

The first odd thing is that because Google has servers worldwide, we're looking at lots of question marks on the Blogger page which should be Chinese characters (why, of course, that makes sense - we're in China!!!). The second odd thing is that our bodies are really confused. Fortunately, we were able to sleep until now (4:30 a.m.) w/ only one wake up at 2 a.m. (Lee was hungry). This last time, Jaycie woke up hungry (note her face on the pic I took of us eating Chinese noodles on the plane). The breakfast buffet starts at 6 a.m.; I think we'll be there first thing. They do have a TV, but (sad for Jaycie) no Disney Channel. They get CNN, HBO, Cinemax, and the Discovery channel in English, and TV5Monde in French. The Chinese channels are fun to watch to reinforce the fact that we cannot decipher a word of this language. We just saw a Staples Easy Button commercial in Chinese - one produced here, not in the U.S. Crazy.

I don't have many pics to share, but we'll have lots more before long, I'm sure. Thanks for all of your prayers and blog comments. Take care!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim and I are glad you made it there safely! This is a great way to keep us informed on your journey! Just yesterday I caught the tail end of a news story on CBS about adopting kids from China. How funny that they aired the story while you guys were flying to China!

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! Really, I don't know why I get so anxious reading these blogs and seeing this photos, but I do! It's not like *I'm* in China! I'm glad it's going well.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys got there safely. I hope you really enjoy yourselves! I can't wait to see Hannah-I bet you can't either! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys arrived safely. Can't wait to hear the details. Try and get some rest.

Carla

Beth said...

So glad that you guys can blog over there, we love to hear about your trip - we keep checking for the updates! Can't wait to see more pictures. Hope you get some rest!

Anonymous said...

This is soooooooo exciting. I'm so incredibly happy for you and it's so noce that you invited us along on this journey. Thank you for sharing!