Saturday, December 23, 2006

Today is Hannah Day!

I woke up today at 3:30 a.m., with thousands of thoughts of this amazing day running through my head. There's so much that will change in the next 12 hours! I'll have to relearn how to pack a diaper bag today. I'll get to say, "Hey, Jaycie, hand me a diaper for your sister," for the first time today. We'll wake up tomorrow with a baby in the room. We'll learn to finesse the baby hand-off when we're going places. We'll learn to carry extra weight on our hips and maneuver a stroller. We'll have to figure out baby snaps, buckles, and buttons all over again. Baby cuddles & snuggles will fill our days and nights in the months to come. Love will multiply in ways we can't even begin to fathom. Oh, what a day today will be! We're on our way!

(NOTE #1: This is Ashley posting, BTW. It's too much of a pain to log in and out of our accounts, especially b/c we have question marks all over the screen where Chinese characters should be. NOTE #2 to Dana & other interested pals: To figure out the time in China, change a.m. to p.m. and add 2 hours.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep checking for updates, this is so exciting. Congrats! Love, Tricia

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So excited!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to get home tomorrow (after some christmas travels myself-a shorter distance, however) and hear the great news and see the priceless pics of your updated family....yay!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all!!! God is sooo good....I can't wait to see the pictures of your family with precious new angel.
The Hunts

Anonymous said...

//////

Anonymous said...

I hope this prints because we are trying to send you comments that we are so proud of you!! We are checking in hourly....We can't wait to see the new family picture with Hannah....Love Mom and Dad

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

I too awoke at 3:30am on the day we met Dori. How amazing is it that our girls are from the same place? Snaps, buckles, and buttons...it will come naturally and quickly!!

ENJOY the day!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So excited for your family. We have stayed at the Gloria two times for adoptions for our Jiangxi babies. We're friends of Marilynn's in TN! Saw your post on the CHI group. We'll be praying for you on this most wonderful journey. What a CHRISTMAS this year!
The Dorris Family

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys, it's neat to think that you have her now as I'm typing this. I'm so happy for you guys!!
Amanda Spencer

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think it is ll a.m. there in China....do you know what time you will get to see Hannah? I have a feeling I'm going to be up all night waiting the arrival of our beautiful bundle of joy to arrive in the loving arms of her Mom, Dad and big Sister.....Our prayers our with you.....Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Anxiously watching your site and enjoying the pictures and comments. Can't wait to see pictures of Hannah tomorrow. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
The Solzmans